Thursday, October 18, 2007

Husqvarna-Viking

This is my new Husqvarna Viking Sewing Machine! I've had my eye on it for about a year. It has taken time to weigh the expense of the machine and my "need" to have an embroidery machine. The has two USB ports on the left side. The compute screen on the front fascinated Noel who thought I had a TV on the sewing machine! The opportunities that nudged be into purchasing the dang thing were two design software packages--one to stitch beautiful Hummel designs and one for machine applique/embroidery of wildflowers. Mettler threads are used in the Hummel designs. It's remarkable how close the tones and colors are to the actual figurines.

I bought my machine through the local Viking dealer at Joann's Superstore. I purchased one used as a demonstrator at the Novi Sewing Expo. The machine had been used for a few hours but it allowed for a substantial discount. I really wanted to have the machine to take on our sewing retreat, but the machine needed to be shipped to Lansing from the Detroit area. We were leaving early Thursday morning and they thought it would probably be delivered mid-day on Thursday. On Monday, Beth called me at work to say that the software for my machine was ready to be picked up at Joann's in Lansing---but the machine was not there. I stopped into Joann's very late on Monday to pick it up, asking again if there might be a possibility the machine would be there by Wednesday afternoon. The sales clerk was very elusive about the delivery date, so much so that I was wondering if I should have purchased it somewhere else. She was evasive about the machine but very open about the software I was picking up.

I got home about 9:30pm to an empty house. Beth, Billy and Noel came home about 10pm. As they entered the house, Noel was yelling, "Grammy, you got a new TV!" They knew how much I wanted the machine for the weekend, so they piled in the Tahoe on Monday afternoon and drove to Allen Park, MI to pick it up for me. I was wonderfully surprised and grateful.

Tomorrow--the software!






No comments: