Friday, February 27, 2009

Celtic Design

A couple of months ago, I attended a class at Country Stitches taught by Kathy Richardson. She taught techniques in creating designs for embroidery sewing machines. Using some basic pieces, I created this design and stitched it out. This is a trial, but I will use it as dust cover for my machine. If I were going to create table napkins or use this design again, there are some alterations to the pattern I would make: 1) re-space the four fans making the inner circle - thee is a slight gap in the left horizontal line; 2) use two tones for the flowers to show some variance between the buds and flowers. In this piece, some of the flowers were stitched out in green.
In my current software, I am not able to edit the stitches. I hope to rectify that soon!

No comments: