Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ruby Tuesday

Today I spent the day at Country Stitches, learning to use the intricacies of my new sewing machine -- a Husqvarna Ruby.  I first learned to sew 4-H projects on my grandmother's Singer machine.  It was basically straight and limited zig-zag stitching.  The Ruby is a computerized embroidery machine with more capability than the average sewer (me) needs.  For the really beautiful, older quilt patterns I like, the embroidery capability is probably overkill!  I would like to finish two quilt patterns that require the embroidery capability. One is sampler of Hummel figures, each one stitched on a separate block.  The second is one called Dresden plate.  For that, I am using Moda fabrics from the Kansas Troubles collection.  Pictures to follow. 

No comments: