Sunday, January 07, 2007



Today was a perfect Sunday. I spent time sewing with good friends, had a wonderful roast pork dinner and then spent quality time with my grandson at WalMart looking for the monster truck, Cowboy. I started a new quilt today. It's a machine-appliqued child's quilt with very colorful fabrics and designs (frogs, trains, balls, bikes). I was able to complete two blocks today, the train and frog. During our trip to WalMart to look for the truck, we picked up boys's socks for Noel. He also spied bags of powdered sugar doughnuts and talked me into his own bag. While we were in the toy section, Noel spotted a battery-operated "monster truck" that he could sit in. He got in both doors to try them out, lifted the hood and trunk and inspected the wheels. People were looking on smiling at the thoroughness of his inspection. When he lifted the hood and exclaimed that the battery was missing, they laughed out loud! On the way home, we stopped for chocolate milk shakes. I know most grandparents brag about their grandchildren, but Noel is the sweetest, most sensitive child! Weather today: 32 degreas F and freezing rain and snow flurries.

No comments: