Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rambling Rose Meets Jackson Crossing

Of the quilts I've made, I really like this one the best. It's called Rambling Rose Meets Jackson crossing. The blocks are a combination of log cabin blocks (making the "white" rows and a variety of pieced blocks, each allowing me to practice new techniques. The quilt was intended to be the size of a single bed topper. As I was making the log cabin blocks, I used the wrong side of the ruler and made the blocks about 2 inches larger than they should have been. To compensate, I added a black border to each of the pieced squares so the blocks would go together. The end result is that the quilt looks the same as if I had followed the directions, only much bigger! Without trying, I made it wonderfully fit my bed as a spread.

No comments: