Monday, January 26, 2009

Vanilla Stars


Several years ago, a group of us took a field trip to Grayling. It was very cold, snowy and a day we should have not travelled outside of the city limits. Our destination was the Icebox Quilt Shop. I bought a pattern called Vanilla Stars. It has taken almost four years to find the fabrics and complete the quilt. I completed the binding last night--it is done. I am planning on hanging this quilt in the Capital Area Patchers Guild Quilt Show next year. There are two special parts to this quilt:


1. The "vanilla stars" actually turned out and the points are the best I've been able to do


2. The backing is flannel-so not only is the quilt warm from the batting but also soft and snuggly




The Moda fabrics I used for the quilt are from the Civil War reproduction line.

No comments: