Saturday, April 04, 2009

Marshall Quilt Show



We spent last Saturday at the Marshall Quilt Show. There were some extraordinary quilts-actually works of art. Several were particularly interesting. The first picture is an applique wall hanging depicting women inspecting quilts at a quilt show. The second quilt was done from a pattern created by Edyta Sitar from Marshall. It's a pattern I have started but in very different shades than this. This particular quilt was interesting to me for its border.
Van, Judy and I had a great time together. In addition to the great quilts, we had lunch at Pastrami Joe's in downtown Marshall. It's a small deli with adequate seating and wonderful food. We each had a different sandwich and all were excellent: pastrami on rye, corn beef on sourdough and Reuben. The soups are homemade. I had the seafood bisque; it was excellent. I could taste the very sweet pieces of crab, it was light but flavorful. Yummy!




No comments: