Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Coffee, Java, Joe





I love coffee. I like to smell it brewing when I wake up in the morning. I like to regroup mid morning with a cup, and I like to treat myself to cappuccino in the late afternoon if I am having a tough day. I cycle through caffeine addiction where I am drinking way to much caffeine and try to cut back by giving it up cold turkey. After a couple of days of massive headaches and many naps, my body is free from the caffeine. I then start in again, always promising that I will limit myself to just one cup a day. My favorite coffee is Starbucks. I order it online and never find it bitter. My usual home brew coffee is Maxwell House Colombian Roast or French Roast --it is the best you can buy "anywhere" at very reasonable prices. For coffee on the run, I prefer Starbucks. However, there is not a Starbucks cafe in my town nor on my route to work or errands. I settle for Beaners. Beaners is good but occasionally a little bitter. The convenience makes up for the bitterness. I have friends who drink Gevalia, but I am not impressed. I like different coffees at different times of the day. In the early morning, I want caffeine, strong, hot, and lots of it....with a little milk and sugar. By 9am, skinny lattes are great. In the afternoon, I like cappuccino--double mocha, skim milk, add a long shot and whip--mmm good.

No comments: