Thursday, April 12, 2012

In the olden days.....

I remember my elementary teachers showing us, repetitively, how to diagram sentences.  Nouns, verbs, conjunctions and prepositional phrases.  Noel is having some difficulty at school with speech related to those things.  No surprise, sentence diagramming died near about the time of dinosaurs so the very young teacher says.....). But that's OK.  There is an even cooler way to learn grammar.....it's an iPad app called Sentence Builder.  Beth and Billy are being very proactive and have engaged Sylvan Learning Center teachers as tutors for Noel.  I will be his transportation twice per week.  After his very first visit, he left the center singing and skipping.  Last night on the way home, he said, "Grandma, I love Sylvan!"  They used iPads (his current most favorite thing) and the Sentence Builder app.  I downloaded it for him today on his iPad as a surprise. I am very impressed with Sylvan.
.

No comments: