Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Too Good To Be True

I went to Meijer today to buy a vegetable scrapper.  I expected it to cost 79 cents.  Ha!  $7.79!!!  While I was debating with myself whether I really needed a vegetable scrapper, I saw and was intrigued by a small rubber kitchen thingie.  It was labeled as an egg poacher.  I love poached eggs but hate the messy protein cleanup in the pan.  It was less costly than the vegetable scraper so I bought it.  I washed it and decided poached eggs sounded great for supper.  The directions on the package were in French.  I did have a couple of years of high school French and the Latin roots should have helped me translate,  but NOT!   As near as I could tell, the eggs went into the yellow thingie and and yellow thingie went into boiling water for about 5 minutes.  After 12 minutes, the eggs were still very slimy so I gave up with the yellow thingie. 

No comments: