Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bottle of Wine, Fruit of the Vine....


Troppo's is an upscale eatery/watering hole in downtown Lansing. Located at the corner of Michigan and South Washington Avenues, you can easily see the state capitol building and other downdown landmarks from the restaurant. At night, the lights are intriguing and beautiful. Troppo's is a great place to meet after work to "debrief." I would describe the food eclectic and the service as impeccable. One night, the server told me they were out of the usual wine I order. She offered that I might like the Grand Traverse Late Harvest Reisling. It was wonderful and has become my favorite. Chateau Grand Traverse Winery (Traverse City, Michigan) produces both the Late Harvest and a semi-dry reisling. The Late Harvest Reisling is somewhat sweeter and has a someone fruiter taste. I learned recently that Chateau Grand Traverse has won several award over the past four years for both of these wines. For those who like a cherry wine, they produce a cherry reisling that is quite good.

No comments: