Friday, December 15, 2006

Lean Six Sigma

The Michigan State University Management Training Center is located in Troy, Michigan. This training center is a function of the Eli Broad Graduate School of Business and Management at MSU. This week, I have attend Lean Six Sigma training. Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma focus on process improvement. Since meeting Sheri Maxim and being in awe at her approach to narrowing the focus on improving functions in some of my areas of responsibility, I felt a real need to better understand Six Sigma and to learn some of the tools that make it successful. I enrolled for this program about six months ago, thinking anything I could learn would be of general help for me. As the date of the project approached, I was sure the program would help in narrowing our focus for OR throughput improvement. During yesterday's class, I learned at least three specific techniques to use in the CSS throughput improvement project. I'm off to learn more today!

No comments: